Strength Training/Weightlifting World Records.

Weight Lifting
Weight Lifting  

Weight Lifting
Weight Lifting  
Dear Kristina

What is the approach or process a fitness trainer in Gymnasium will suggest for a person who says "I want to create a world record in the next Olympic games for my country in both "Clean and Jerk" and "Snatch" Category by lifting Maximum Number of Weights" ?

Is Body building and Weight lifting are two different categories ?

Can Body Builders like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger
and all other Body Builders achieve this feat ?

Is it the sheer strength, might and power required for this achievement ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I'm not a bodybuilder nor weightlifter so I'm not sure I'm the best to explain this but my impression is that bodybuilders focus on building large, well-defined, well-proportioned muscles while weightlifters focus on how much they can lift and how they lift.  With bodybuilding they focus on controlling every muscle in the body and they way it looks.  There are competitions for bodybuilders and then different one for weightlifters so you can see the difference.  

Since it isn't really my expertise area I would refer a person to someone who is if they were interested in creating a world record in the areas you mentioned.  I'm not sure if bodybuilders work on those areas in weightlifting but I'm sure if they trained that they probably could, it would depend on how they train.  I think if someone is serious about this area and they train properly and do not have any disabilities then they can achieve it if they train properly for it.  

Hope that helps and sorry I can't be more specific but that is really for someone who trains in those areas to help.

Strength Training

Kristina Crossway

I can answer any questions pertaining to weight loss, strength training, cardio training, lifestyle changes and emotional eating. I have worked with men and women of all ages including children. I've worked with women trying to lose postnatal weight, men and women with injuries and teens/kids needing to lose weight or enhance athletic skills and many more.

Having struggled with weight all my life as well as many health problems such as Lupus and Crohnís disease Iíve researched all my adult life on how to lose weight and keep it off and how to stay healthy when you are sick. I have my own personal training company, KrisCross Training, and Iíve been helping men, women and children get healthy and stay healthy for years. Check out my website,, or my blog

National Academy of Sports Medicine IDEA Health and Fitness Association Sharecare Elite Trainer AllExperts Expert in Strength Training, Womenís Fitness, Aerobics and Living with Obesity

BS in Sports Management-Fitness and Nutrition Track-California University of PA MS in Health and Physical Education-North Georgia College and State University NASM Certified Personal Trainer CPR and AED Certified Venice Nutrition Certified Nutrition Coach

I have worked with a variety of clients including high school cheerleaders and runners, men and women of all ages, as well as help brides lose weight for their wedding. I've also worked with kids and teens who want to lose weight and become more active in sports.