Strength Training/leg exercise

Question
Hello

I do a  body-weight squat and hold it for 2 minutes, like a squat stance. I'll like to know can this develop the quadricep/thigh muscles? Is this bad for the knees, holding it?

What exercise can I do to develop my leg muscles? I do not have any weights at home and can't afford to go to the gym, depending on my bodyweight somewhat. I hope you can recommend some exercise to develop the lower body given the limitations above.

Thank you. Your reply is very much appreciated.

Eddie

Answer
Hey Eddie, a lot of folks who are getting ready to go skiing use that (except against a wall) to strengthen their legs. I recommend lunges, one leg squats off a bench, and step ups to some type of platform or bench that is about mid thigh height. 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps with one min rest between sets will give you all you want....

Strength Training

Joe Gunn