Strength Training/Weight Training with a Shoulder injury

I've got a injury below my left shoulder blade doing weights three days ago Saturday night).

It's tender now though not sore. Can sleep without problem and although I feel it walking etc. was able to run 5K without problem the next day.

I skipped my usual Monday weights to give it a chance to recover but I'm very restless now and would like your advice in picking a few weights exercise to practice tomorrow night which don't use the affected muscle group or as little as possible.

I take any personal responsibility for risking exasperating the condition but would be grateful of your advice please on what to do and what to avoid.

I was doing:-
Two sets of 5 Dumbbell  Bench presses with 25KG
Two sets of 10 Barbell Squats with 56KG
Two sets of 5 Barbell Bentover Rows with 55KG (I think this is the exercise that caused the problem)
Two sets of 6 Barbell Deadlifts with 80KG
Two sets of 6 Dips
Two sets of 8 Pullups with 10KG weights

Many thanks

Hey Andrew, I am no doc but sounds like a minor muscle injury probably due to one of your pulling exercises. My advice is to give it a rest or use light weights in your bent rows and avoid your chins for a while. Always check with your doc for a professional evaluation...

Strength Training

Joe Gunn

Master's Degree with majors in Exercise Science and Psychology. Teach college courses in weight training, jogging/fitness, and wellness. Expertise include strength training, long distance running, sprinting, general fitness, weight loss, and nutritional education.

Over 30 years as a personal trainer of athletes as well as average individuals.

Certified strength and Conditioning Specialist with the the National Strength and Conditiong Association. Certified Club coach with the United States Weightlifting Association. Certifed Level II long distance coach with the USA Track & Field.

M.S with majors in exercise science and psychology