Strength Training/Weight Training with a Shoulder injury

Question
Hi

I've got a injury below my left shoulder blade doing weights three days ago Saturday night).

It's tender now though not sore. Can sleep without problem and although I feel it walking etc. was able to run 5K without problem the next day.

I skipped my usual Monday weights to give it a chance to recover but I'm very restless now and would like your advice in picking a few weights exercise to practice tomorrow night which don't use the affected muscle group or as little as possible.

I take any personal responsibility for risking exasperating the condition but would be grateful of your advice please on what to do and what to avoid.

I was doing:-
Two sets of 5 Dumbbell  Bench presses with 25KG
Two sets of 10 Barbell Squats with 56KG
Two sets of 5 Barbell Bentover Rows with 55KG (I think this is the exercise that caused the problem)
Two sets of 6 Barbell Deadlifts with 80KG
Two sets of 6 Dips
Two sets of 8 Pullups with 10KG weights

Many thanks
Regards
Andrew

Answer
Hey Andrew, I am no doc but sounds like a minor muscle injury probably due to one of your pulling exercises. My advice is to give it a rest or use light weights in your bent rows and avoid your chins for a while. Always check with your doc for a professional evaluation...

Strength Training

Joe Gunn