Strength Training/To become a personal Trainer

Question
My son is 18 years old and is very involved with Exercise and health.   We would like to know what is necessary to become a personal trainer (as a minimum since he started college and would like to pursue a career in physical therapy).   He would like at some  point to be able to work in a gym but do not know what certifications are necessary and where to get the training and to take any test.  How is the job market for people who graduate from Athletic training programs at the Bachelor and Mater degrees?

Thank you

Answer
There are several national certifications that one can choose. I recommend the American College of Sports Medicine or the National Strength and Conditioning Association certifications. You can get info from these organizations along with study materials for their exam. The job market is very good for persons with a national certification along with a college degree in a related field such as exercise science or exercise physiology.  

Strength Training

Joe Gunn