Strength Training/Basketball preformance

Dear Joe,

Is it OK to work on lateral speed exercises and then do explosive jumping exercises, or will that only ware out my body?

Hey Greg, it can be but depends on a number of things. I would have to see your workout routine to properly evaluate. In some cases speed training and plyometrics are parts of the same workout and in others they are done on different days. It has to do with training cycles, conditioning level, age, etc. Send me more info and I will try to help.

Strength Training

Joe Gunn

Master's Degree with majors in Exercise Science and Psychology. Teach college courses in weight training, jogging/fitness, and wellness. Expertise include strength training, long distance running, sprinting, general fitness, weight loss, and nutritional education.

Over 30 years as a personal trainer of athletes as well as average individuals.

Certified strength and Conditioning Specialist with the the National Strength and Conditiong Association. Certified Club coach with the United States Weightlifting Association. Certifed Level II long distance coach with the USA Track & Field.

M.S with majors in exercise science and psychology