Strength Training/Rate this workout please!

Question
I am 55. My fitness goals are to lose weight (with proper diet of course) and stay supple. I do not want to gain muscle, I lifted weights for years and am pretty bulky already.
I work an 11 to 7 shift as a bus driver. I have time for a short workout in the morning, when I get home I need to relax mentally and physically. I know that interval training is effective, but it takes a lot out of me, and I like long cardio-but no time.
Here is what I am doing as a compromise. After a week it seems to be helping a bit.
I wake up at 9:30 (Ineed my rest)

1 minute stretching, followed by
1 minute  'jogging' on my manual treadmill, after which I am exhausted and need a rest, which I get while stretching.

I do 5 sets of these.

I do this Monday to Friday, after my morning joe. Then I shower, have a protein shake, and get to work on time (barely).

What do you think? Thanks, and happy new year!

Answer
Hi Bud,
Very sorry for the delay as I was in the hospital with pneumonia. What I'm reading is that you are only getting 5 minutes of jogging 5 days per week?  I understand that you might be bulky but I would highly recommend some weight training over jogging.  At your age you and with sitting for so long you will start losing muscle tone which muscle tone is really important.  Weight training is not going to make you more bulky unless you do heavy weight training for hours a day.  I would recommend meeting with a  professional personal trainer and they can give you some ideas with your schedule and evaluate your current physical state.  Hope this helps and good luck!

Strength Training

Kristina Crossway