Strength Training/Diet and Nutrition plan

Question
Hey Brandon, I have noticed that from all the experts I have tried to ask you have the most information on the net.

You gave me a workout routine not to long ago for a bodyweight (full body) workout. This workout seems to be working pretty well.

Bodyweight squat 3 sets x 15 reps
Pushups 3 sets x 10 reps
Reaching RDL 3 sets x 10 reps
Prone T,W,Y,V 1 set of 20 each supersetted with
Bear crawls,10yds forward, 10yds back
Bench hip thrust 3 sets of 15 reps
RKC plank 3 sets of 10 seconds

2x per week

I have a problem. I am a person with incredible fast metabolism and I cant seem to keep any muscle gain from every exercise I do.

I would like some suggestions on intake of food,

At this moment my diet looks like this

5.15 - 3 Bread with cheese and chicken slice,

8.30 Fruit,

8.50 3 Bread Chicken ham

12.00 Oatmeal with milk

15.00 Main food (vegetables rice or pasta and sauce.

17.00/17.30 4 Bread with cheese and chicken or Tuna/onion or Salmon

19.30 Ricecrackers or such.

My problem is that I have difficulty digesting to heavy fatty food and sugars. My intake of sugar is almost nothing at this moment. But I have a feeling I still eat enough. I seem to be taking ok-ish Proteins but im not sure. Is there some food pattern you might suggest or some foods I should be implanting in my food to make sure I keep my muscles..? I prefer not to take any shakes neither can I have red meat.

Mainly I bike 2x15 minutes to my work on a good pace and I have manual work(cleaning) I also tend to walk 1-2-3 times a day for an average of 10-30 minutes a day.

Am I having enough nutrition? Your advice is highly regarded as the best and I am really interested in your answer.

Greetings dion,

Answer
Hi Dion!

I would recommend adding more protein and more healthy fats. Hard-boiled eggs, nuts, and coconut oil are may be some good additions for you. Although, the Paleo Diet is a bit gimmicky and not quite accurate, it is very close to what optimal for most people. There are many books and recipes available on Paleo but, basically, I recommend limiting grains and processed foods and eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, eggs, nuts, coconut oil and natural whey protein powder. I also have a book available on Amazon, The Hockey Player's Cookbook, which is targeted to hockey players but, contains diets and nutrition concepts applicable to anyone involved in an exercise program with adjustments in portion size and meal frequency.

It's also great to track your calories occasionally to see exactly how many calories you are getting each day as well as the breakdown in terms of protein, carbohydrates, and fats. My clients us MyFitnessPal which has just about every type and brand of food you can think of including, most restaurant dishes. You can also create your own meals and even scan barcodes to get the nutrition information.

Before you change anything, it's a great idea to try a couple days of nutrition tracking with your typical diet to see where you need to make adjustments.

Brandon Aldan, CSCS

Strength Training

Brandon Aldan