Strength Training/Strenght training + diet

Question
Hey Adam,

I have been following a workout for strengthening the muscles. This workout seems to be working pretty well.

Bodyweight squat 3 sets x 15 reps
Pushups 3 sets x 10 reps
Reaching RDL 3 sets x 10 reps
Prone T,W,Y,V 1 set of 20 each supersetted with
Bear crawls,10yds forward, 10yds back
Bench hip thrust 3 sets of 15 reps
RKC plank 3 sets of 10 seconds

2x per week

I have a problem. I am a person with incredible fast metabolism and I cant seem to keep any muscle gain from every exercise I do.

I would like some suggestions on intake of food,

At this moment my diet looks like this

5.15 - 3 Bread with cheese and chicken slice,

8.30 Fruit,

8.50 3 Bread Chicken ham

12.00 Oatmeal with milk

15.00 Main food (vegetables rice or pasta and sauce.

17.00/17.30 4 Bread with cheese and chicken or Tuna/onion or Salmon

19.30 Ricecrackers or such. I eat eggs either in the evening or morning 1-2 every other day I also intake fruits 2+3 a day
My food consist only out of wholegrain items

My problem is that I have difficulty digesting to heavy fatty food and sugars. My intake of sugar is almost nothing at this moment. But I have a feeling I still eat enough. I seem to be taking ok-ish Proteins but im not sure. Is there some food pattern you might suggest or some foods I should be implanting in my food to make sure I keep my muscles..? I prefer not to take any shakes neither can I have red meat.

Mainly I bike 2x15 minutes to my work on a good pace and I have manual work(cleaning) I also tend to walk 1-2-3 times a day for an average of 10-30 minutes a day.

Am I having enough nutrition?

Greetings dion,

Answer
Hey dion.

im not sure what units you are using if its grams or kilograms etc..?
Anyways as a rule of thumb you should eat between 1.2-2.0 kg of protein per kg of body weight, or 15% of your total intake of protein to gain muscle. 50-65% of your diet from carbohydrates (try to stick with whole grain, brown rice, whole wheat) and 25-35% of diet from fats. Try to aim for healthy fats that are considered good cholesterol such as sunflower, safflower, olive oil, avocado and nuts. Balance is the key. Try to keep track of what your eating and how much so when you see your not making progress you can adjust the amount of calories accordingly. So in your case if you feel your not gaining for the past several weeks you could increase your total intake per day by +350- +500 calories per day. Some foods to consider for protein sources ate chicken breast, slim milk, fish such as tuna , salmon, mackeral.

These are simple guidelines for healthy individuals with no medical conditions or complications. For specific meal plans a dieiticen or nutritionist can give you that.

hope this helps

Strength Training

Daniel