Strength Training/Strength training 2.0

Here is an example of a bodyweight workout that hits all the major muscle groups:

Bodyweight squat 3 sets x 15 reps
Pushups 3 sets x 10 reps
Reaching RDL 3 sets x 10 reps
Prone T,W,Y,V 1 set of 20 each supersetted with
Bear crawls,10yds forward, 10yds back
Bench hip thrust 3 sets of 15 reps
RKC plank 3 sets of 10 seconds

Hey Brandon, This information you send me the last time I send you an email regarding strength training. I wanted to thank you for your clear advice and good understanding of human fitness.

My issue is that I cant find any good youtube video on the Prone T,W,Y,V and I was wondering if you could send me a link for this exercise.

I was also wondering if there is a possibility for a diverse technique for the Bear crawl as I lack space in my home. This exercise looks very cool and seems to be working but without space it seems very limited.

Regards Dion,

Hey Dion,

Here's a link to a video showing these exercises.

To adjust to limited space, the bear crawl can be done for just a few crawls forward then back or even very small steps with the hands and feet so you are basically just inching forward and back. I like to incorporate crawling patterns in clients' workouts because they integrate core, hip and shoulder stability and these modifications will provide sufficient stimulus.

Strength Training

Brandon Aldan

I can answer questions about training for skating sports including, hockey, figure skating, inline skating, roller derby and speed skating. I can also answer questions regarding speed, agility and quickness training as well as, general strength and conditioning questions.

I have been in the field of strength and conditioning/personal training for over 18 years training primarily athletes from youth to professional/Olympic level. Through my business, Aldan Performance, I am known as an expert in off-ice hockey training and am also an online personal trainer where I train athletes of all sports and non-athletes with general fitness goals such as, weight loss.

National Strength and Conditioning Association USA Hockey US Track and Field US Speedskating

Youngstown State University, Exercise Science (undergraduate) Cleveland State University, Exercise Physiology (graduate) National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist