Strength Training/Muscle/Weight Gain

Question
I am a male in my mid twenties. Mywhole life I have been extremely thin. I am trying to gain muscle/gain weight as much as I can in the next two months and be proportional. Can you recommend a program for me assuming that I am available to exercise every day for the next two months. I will plan to continue after these two months as well.
Thanks

Answer
Gaining muscle is a matter of providing stimulus to the muscles greater than what they are accustomed to causing them to adapt through a process termed supercompensation in which, muscle fibers grow larger and stronger. Possibly, the biggest pitfall of most people trying to gain muscle is not applying progressive overload. Progressive overload is basically using various means such as, increasing repetitions and resistance, to continuously provide the body with a stimulus it is not accustomed to in an effort to provide consistent adaptation. One effective way to apply this is by using the 8-12 rep range. Choose a weight that can be done for 3 sets of 8 reps. Each workout, increase the number of repetitions until you can perform 3 sets of 12 reps. The next workout, increase to a weight you can only do for 8 reps.

Another consideration is to include days in which heavy weights are used for fewer repetitions to stimulate the higher threshold muscle fibers. An effective set/rep scheme that's been successfully by millions is 5x5 (5 sets of 5 reps). This is particularly effective with hardgainers who have tremendous difficulty putting muscle on their small frames.

Also, focus on the large muscle group, multiple joint exercises such as, squats, bench presses, rows, etc.

Here's an example of a plan combining both methods for continuous results:

Day 1 (Monday)

3 sets of 8 reps of each exercise:
Squat
Bench press
Romanian deadlift
Weighted Chins
RKC plank 3 sets of 10 seconds max contraction

Day 2 (Wednesday)

5 sets of 5 reps of each exercise:
Squat
Shoulder press
Hip thrust
Bent over row
Pallof hold 3 sets of 10 seconds max contraction

Day 3 (Friday)

3 sets of 8 reps of each exercise:
Squat
Bench press
Romanian deadlift
Weighted Chins

Week 2, Day 1

3 sets of 8 reps
Squat
Shoulder press
Hip thrust
Bent over row

Week 2, Day 2

5 sets of 5
Squat
Bench press
Romanian deadlift
Weighted Chins

Week 2, Day 3
3 sets of 8 reps
Squat
Shoulder press
Hip thrust
Bent over row

Smaller assistance exercises such as, bicep curls can be added but, many see better results by putting all their effort into the larger movements which induce total body muscle growth.

Good luck and let me know how this works out for you!  

Strength Training

Brandon Aldan