How to Strengthen Your Relationship/How To Strengthen Hers And My Relationship So It Becomes More

I've been chasing(so to speak) a girl the past month and been rather successful, only problem is her ex is chasing after her too and it's pretty much a constant battle. She's still got feelings for him(she left him however) but she has feelings for me too. She has admitted they grow for me daily. She has admitted that he doesn't make her smile anymore and that it's all me making her smile now. I do know that I can lose her at any moment though and I do not want to do that. I want to find ways to strengthen things between her and I so that I can worry less. Her ex broke her heart many many times over the course of their relationship and I don't feel he deserves another shot. Her and I have been growing closer and we've even been kissing if that information helps. I, more or less, want to strengthen what I have going with her. Any advice would be appreciated.

Dear Dylan,
I want to help you here, but I also don't want to help you get played.  I think, even though you feel that the two of you are getting closer, she sounds like she likes the drama, just a bit.  It's almost as if she can't be alone and needs a lot of attention, to tell you how awful the other guy was but keep in the picture.  Here's what I think you need to do, but you will have to consider the potential response.  I think you need to level with her and tell her you're interested, you believe everything she has said about the way her ex treated her, but you are not interested in a contest.  Ask her if she needs some time to think it over and decide who she wants to be with.  Be sure to tell her 'you certainly don't want to see her heart get broken again, but you can't make that decision for her.'  
She needs to make a clean break with him, if she's going to be deserving of you.
I wish you well Dylan.
Kind Regards,
KD Liz  

How to Strengthen Your Relationship

Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger

I am able to answer questions regarding dating, courtship, and marriage after divorce. I feel equipped to address questions and comments regarding old baggage and past mistakes. I can also answer questions pertaining to blended families and step-children. I can not answer questions that involve manipulating the partners behavior or outlook.

I am a minister that teaches and counsels G-d's instruction for stable relationships. My husband and I have both been married before. I have worked with battered women and facilitated groups for men with anger issues. As a minister, I have officiated several weddings in the past decade, with only one resulting in divorce.