How to Strengthen Your Relationship/help

Hi! I've been dating an old friend of mine for the past 4 months. At first, he was really sweet and all then suddenly something has changed. He became cold and distant. When I asked him, he said that he's really not a commitment type of guy and he just wants us to be friends.

We still keep in touch like nothing has changed but we are no longer intimate. I jut don't understand why he's still keeping me. I'm so confused what should I do?

Dear Verns,
I can only offer my perspective to the brief information you've given.  I believe intimacy ahead of marriage is confusing and misleading.  If your friend has told you he is not interested in a committed relationship, then he is respecting his own words and you; by no longer being intimate.  Since he does not plan for the relationship to move beyond friendship, then perhaps he feels it would be "leading you on" to be intimate.  As to what to do . . . If you want a committed, intimate relationship, then I'd suggest you appreciate the friendship, but tell him you want more in life and would like a partner.
Whether it's friendship or marriage, honesty is always the best policy.
I wish you well and hope you find happiness.
Kind Regards,
KD Liz

How to Strengthen Your Relationship

Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger

I am able to answer questions regarding dating, courtship, and marriage after divorce. I feel equipped to address questions and comments regarding old baggage and past mistakes. I can also answer questions pertaining to blended families and step-children. I can not answer questions that involve manipulating the partners behavior or outlook.

I am a minister that teaches and counsels G-d's instruction for stable relationships. My husband and I have both been married before. I have worked with battered women and facilitated groups for men with anger issues. As a minister, I have officiated several weddings in the past decade, with only one resulting in divorce.