How to Strengthen Your Relationship/Is this just a phase?

Question
Okay this is what's going on. Me and my boyfriend are both 18.  We have been going out for about 8 months now and everything was going fantastic we rarely ever get fights or arguments  BUT THIS IS THE PROBLEM, lately things are becoming a bit awkward which is so strange because i always feel so natural around him.  I don't know if this is because we are transitioning from the Honeymoon stage into something more committed or what but it's scaring me because i love him so much and we always have great times together.  I just want this thing to go away or understand what it is...and what the first steps are to move on from it.  I don't want to lose him

Answer
Hi Alexandra!

I am glad you are paying attention to this and addressing it now.  What is your explanation for the ackwardness?  Any recent changes or major stressors in either of your lives?  What, if anything has he shared with you?  Does he see the same thing happening?  If you have not shared this concern with him, I would do so in a calm, caring way.  You can say things seem a bit awkward to me of late.  What are you experiencing?  Then ask if something is bothering him.  Please share more info with me.  Stuart

How to Strengthen Your Relationship

Stuart A. Kaplowitz, MFT