How to Strengthen Your Relationship/Losing Hope

Dear Sir.
I am a 20yrs old boy in a relationship since 6 months. My problem is that my Girlfriend is very insecure of me. We almost have fights daily due to small issue like not texting on time. No enough time given to each other and so on. My Girl whenever commits a mistake doesn't agree to it and fights back stating she is right. I tried explaining her a lot regarding such issue. A month ago she promised me she will try to change her behaviour towards me.. But until now I don't see a change in her. I tried every effort to change her attitude and bring her ego down. But every time it seems to go nearly nowhere. I have a lot of expectations which I made known to her but time and again she fails to be upto my limitations. I am nearly clueless on what to do next??. Hopefully you could help me out..

Hello Rickson!
Believe it or not, there is some good news here.  Your girlfriend is obviously invested enough to fear losing you. I realize we don't want the trust issue but we need to do some digging here.  My hunch is these insecurities come from past pain.  Do you know what has happened in her life to possibly cause this?  Let's figure this out and see if we can help.  Try to picture being able to get through this and not only help her but deepen your relationship.  If you can do this, we can dodge some of the immediate frustration you may feel as it may happen until we can better understand it and then address it.  Please share more info with me.  Stuart

How to Strengthen Your Relationship

Stuart A. Kaplowitz, MFT

how to help relationship. How to address issues within relationship......I am pretty open here

20th year in the field. Managed and directed clinical programs. Now, I work out of my own office as well as supervise counselors

California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists

The California Therapist

B.A. Psychology M.S. Counseling Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist

Hero of the Heart - Covina Valley USD

I work with individuals, couples, families and children