Stress Management/crying??

I was out drinking with friends.  Then started throwing up. I hadn't had that much to drink so was worried.  Decided to go home and thats when it started!! I started to cry uncontrollably.  I could not make it stop even by trying to control my breathing.  I went to the hospital as i thought someone had put something in my drink but 2 hours later all tests were fine.  They gave me something to relax me.  I went home to sleep and spent the next day in a daze.  Please tell me what it could be??

Well it may have been an anxiety attack were you feeling anxious or nervous at the time?

the only other thing i can think of is had you taken any medicine before you went out? Even cough medicine can react with alcohol and have the most strange effect. i should know when i was a teen ager i had a cough, took some medicine, went out drinking. Hours later I was hysterical, crying and even tried to jump out of a window.

Other than that I would say to put it to the back of your mind and just put it down to one of those odd things. If it happens again then seek help from your normal Gp, who may want to do further tests. but my guess is that this was a one off. Drink can have all sorts of strange effects on us depending on the situation etc.

best wishes Kate

Stress Management

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most stress related questions, including Anxiety and Panic attacks, PTSD and general stress related issues. My main aim is to provide you with techniques and information regarding how best you can manage your stress levels on a day to day basis and so reduce effects such as Physical or emotional illness which can arise when stress is not managed. I am not able to give advice about medical conditions which need treatment from a doctor, such as heart conditions etc.

I am a qualified Stress Advisor (RCN accredited and CPD certificated). I have had many years in the public sector and am very client focused. My main aim is to provide concise, clear help and information to those seeking help managing their stress levels and any other related concerns. I also run my own stress relief web site

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles

RCN accredited (stress Advisor) CPD certificated Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.

Currently work as a freelance stress advisor for my local area, many of my client are referred to me via the local health service.