Stretching & Flexibility/Body Posture

I am 19year old boy.
Not sure where I should ask this question.
I lean slightly forward from the waist while walking. I believe that is due to my habit of walking fast and in the process I tend to move my body faster than my legs, thereby leaning forward, but I don't realise it.

Can you tell me how do I make sure to walk with upper body perpendicular to ground?

Hi Anon,

Thanks for your inquiry. It's a pleasure to help and I hope the following is beneficial.

The short answer to your question is to increase the strength of your lower back, buttocks and hamstrings, and improve the flexibility of your stomach, hip flexors and quads. I can't help you with the strengthening, but at the link below you'll find a few videos of stretches for the muscle groups you need to work on...

Hips & Quads:

I hope the above has been helpful. For more information on stretching, flexibility and sports injury management, visit Injury Fix.

Brad Walker
Founder & CEO
Injury Fix and
The Stretching Institute

Stretching & Flexibility

Brad Walker (The Stretch Coach)

I'm more than happy to answer any questions relating to stretching, flexibility and sports injury management. Including how to use stretching to improve your athletic performance, prevent sports injury and aid in the recovery of sports injury.

I'm an internationally recognized stretching and sports injury consultant with more than 20 years of practical experience in the health and fitness industry. I'm also the founder of the Stretching Institute and

Sports Medicine Australia

I've written 5 books on stretching, flexibility and sports injury, including... The Stretching Handbook (ISBN: 978-0958109338), The Anatomy of Stretching (ISBN: 978-1556435966) and The Anatomy of Sports Injuries (ISBN: 978-1556436666). Plus, I've had numerous articles published at, and

I'm a health science graduate of the University of New England, with post graduate accreditation's in athletics, swimming and triathlon coaching. I've worked with elite level and world champion athletes and I've lectured for Sports Medicine Australia on sports injury prevention and treatment.

I've worked as assistant coach to Miles Stewart (World Champion Triathlete) and Mick Doohan (World 500cc Motorcycle Champion). Plus I've worked with countless other athletes from sports as diverse as roller-skating, squash, and cycling.