Stretching & Flexibility/PT certifications for seniors

Question
Hi Brad. I hope you can help me because I couldn't find a catagory for my question. I am a 62 yr. old retired special education teacher (female). I've always been athletic. I'm in excellent health, never had a pain in my life. I taught aerobics for 12 yrs, and just stopped about 5-6 yrs ago. I walk 6-8 miles five to six times a week and love a good vigorus step class. Now with all that said, I'm looking to supplement my retirement income.Since I love fitness so much, this would be so natural for me. I would love to be a personal trainer or something like that to seniors. Question: 1. Do I need a degree in some type of fitness field? If that's the case, I'm not going back to college for another 4yr. degree at this late age. (2)so what type of certification do I need? (3)Also, once I get it, where is a perfect place for me to go to find work in this field and (4)how much would it pay? Thank you Brad. Please get back to me soon...Paula

Answer
Hi Paula,

Thanks for your inquiry. Although I don't have all the answers to your questions, I can point you in the right direction.

Firstly, no you definitely don't need a degree to work in the industry. There are many certification courses you can take, which will get you started.

Some of the better courses are run by the CHEK Institute, which you can learn about at the link below...
http://www.chekinstitute.com/Advanced_Training_Programs

Otherwise, do a Google search for personal trainer courses or certifications and I'm sure there will be lots of options. Or visit your local gym and ask if they can recommend a course for you.

As for your last 2 questions; I really can't help you with that.

I hope the above has been helpful. For more information on stretching, flexibility and sports injury management, visit Injury Fix.

Brad Walker
Founder & CEO
Injury Fix and
The Stretching Institute

Stretching & Flexibility

Brad Walker (The Stretch Coach)