Stretching & Flexibility/Groin and inner thigh tightness

For the past 2 years I have been having tightness in my groin/thigh area on my right side. Its mostly in the inner thigh area but no bulges or bumps I have checked all the time. Its gets more tight it seems after a bowel movement, sometimes when I get an erection or when its cold out. When I walk it feels better feel no pain just an annoying tightness feeling. Its feels like something is being stretched or something. Also when my legs are spread apart it feels better but when they are together or pressure it feels more tight. It started 2 years ago after I lifted some weights but never felt pain or anything when I lifted. But only lifted for one day..I donít have any insurance or anything to go see a doctor. I do use a thigh wrap all the time cause it tends to make it feel better. I will say though for the past few years I have gained weight like 20 pounds, been depressed not much activity at all..Also when I have some alcohol drinks the tightness pretty much goes away, not saying I drink all the time or anything. Last thing my scrotom seems to tighten up a lot as well, and I have had a cyst on my right testical  since I was little had it checked out twice and everything is fine.
A few years ago I was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis and I do have bad irritable bowel  syndrome. So I have a lot of bowel movements and stomach pains a lot..Other then that I canít think of anything else I could tell you. Besides I am really getting frustrated on not knowing what is going on with my inner thigh issue, so if you can help I would really appreciate itÖthank you

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your inquiry. It's a pleasure to help and I hope the following is beneficial.

Without being able to consult with you personally I can't be 100% sure, but this is very common with old injuries that weren't treated properly. I'm pretty sure that you would have a build up of scar tissue from 2 years ago when you lifted some weights that is causing the tightness.

The best form of treatment is heat and massage, which will help to speed up the repair process and get rid of any scar tissue that may have formed. There's more information at the links below. The first one is specifically about groin strain and the second one is about strain / sprain injury rehab in general...

I hope the above has been helpful. For more information on stretching, flexibility and sports injury management, visit Injury Fix.

Brad Walker
Founder & CEO
Injury Fix and
The Stretching Institute

Stretching & Flexibility

Brad Walker (The Stretch Coach)

I'm more than happy to answer any questions relating to stretching, flexibility and sports injury management. Including how to use stretching to improve your athletic performance, prevent sports injury and aid in the recovery of sports injury.

I'm an internationally recognized stretching and sports injury consultant with more than 20 years of practical experience in the health and fitness industry. I'm also the founder of the Stretching Institute and

Sports Medicine Australia

I've written 5 books on stretching, flexibility and sports injury, including... The Stretching Handbook (ISBN: 978-0958109338), The Anatomy of Stretching (ISBN: 978-1556435966) and The Anatomy of Sports Injuries (ISBN: 978-1556436666). Plus, I've had numerous articles published at, and

I'm a health science graduate of the University of New England, with post graduate accreditation's in athletics, swimming and triathlon coaching. I've worked with elite level and world champion athletes and I've lectured for Sports Medicine Australia on sports injury prevention and treatment.

I've worked as assistant coach to Miles Stewart (World Champion Triathlete) and Mick Doohan (World 500cc Motorcycle Champion). Plus I've worked with countless other athletes from sports as diverse as roller-skating, squash, and cycling.