Stretching & Flexibility/Clicking hip

Hello Brad. My right hip clicks when extending the leg. I've researched a lot about this but the stretches suggested did not work. I went to a couple of doctors who found nothing wrong, I also tried a chiropractor who told me it was the sciatic and did some adjustments, he then said for me not to worry to go on training and it'll pass... I'm a bit frustrated. I'll be your customer forever if you help me fix this. There's no pain whatsoever by the way, but it's really annoying as you may guess. Thank you.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your inquiry. It's a pleasure to help and I hope the following is beneficial.

Without being able to consult with you personally I can't be 100% sure, but if there are no underlying problems (and it sounds like you've had it checked thoroughly with your doctor and chiropractor) the best course of treatment is heat, massage and long-hold static stretching.

Keep some heat on it; give it a massage (or visit a qualified massage therapist); and incorporate some gentle long-hold stretches. Start with the stretches at the links below and make sure you hold them for at least 45 to 60 seconds instead of the 20 seconds recommended in the videos.

I hope the above has been helpful. For more information on stretching, flexibility and sports injury management, visit Injury Fix.

Brad Walker
Founder & CEO
Injury Fix and
The Stretching Institute

Stretching & Flexibility

Brad Walker (The Stretch Coach)

I'm more than happy to answer any questions relating to stretching, flexibility and sports injury management. Including how to use stretching to improve your athletic performance, prevent sports injury and aid in the recovery of sports injury.

I'm an internationally recognized stretching and sports injury consultant with more than 20 years of practical experience in the health and fitness industry. I'm also the founder of the Stretching Institute and

Sports Medicine Australia

I've written 5 books on stretching, flexibility and sports injury, including... The Stretching Handbook (ISBN: 978-0958109338), The Anatomy of Stretching (ISBN: 978-1556435966) and The Anatomy of Sports Injuries (ISBN: 978-1556436666). Plus, I've had numerous articles published at, and

I'm a health science graduate of the University of New England, with post graduate accreditation's in athletics, swimming and triathlon coaching. I've worked with elite level and world champion athletes and I've lectured for Sports Medicine Australia on sports injury prevention and treatment.

I've worked as assistant coach to Miles Stewart (World Champion Triathlete) and Mick Doohan (World 500cc Motorcycle Champion). Plus I've worked with countless other athletes from sports as diverse as roller-skating, squash, and cycling.