Stretching & Flexibility/severe deep "groin" cramps

Question
Brad,

I get really intense deep groin cramps that are so bad that I am unable to stand up straight. I started getting these when I played high school football after we ran "stadium Stompers" (up and down stadium stairs).  These cause cold sweats and upset stomach like i want to throw up.

These can last from 5 minutes up to 30 minutes and they are painful. My thigh will then hurt for several days following one of these cramps.

Anything I can do to head these off or even stop them. My wife tries to rub them out and this seems to make it worse.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Bruce

Answer
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your inquiry. It's a pleasure to help and I hope the following is beneficial.

The best form of treatment for a muscle spasm or cramp is heat, massage and very gentle static stretching. I have a more complete article at the link below that goes into a lot more detail and also offers some advise for preventing cramps as well...
http://injuryfix.com/archives/muscle-cramp.php

I hope the above has been helpful. For more information on stretching, flexibility and sports injury management, visit Injury Fix.

Brad Walker
Founder & CEO
Injury Fix

Stretching & Flexibility

Brad Walker (The Stretch Coach)