Stretching & Flexibility/Easy exercises

Question
I am 55. My knees are functional, but cannot take any type of impact, even walking, stationary cycling, or using an elliptical is not an option.
I need to lose weight, and stay flexible.  What can I do for exercise, preferably at home?

Answer
Hi Bud,

Thanks for your inquiry. It's a pleasure to help and I hope the following is beneficial.

If stationary cycling, using an elliptical trainer or stationary rowing is not an option, then my only other suggestion would be some sort of water based activity like deep water running or aqua aerobics (although I'm not sure if this is an option for you at home)... http://injuryfix.com/archives/aerobic-water-exercise-pt1.php

Otherwise, try some of the stretching exercises from our website, which can be done at home. Avoid any of the stretches that put stress or pressure on your knees, like the Quad and Thigh Stretches. For some examples, take a look at our free stretching video page at the following link... http://injuryfix.com/stretching-videos.php

For more information on stretching, flexibility and sports injury management, visit Injury Fix.

Brad Walker
Founder & CEO
Injury Fix

Stretching & Flexibility

Brad Walker (The Stretch Coach)