Stretching & Flexibility/Can you help?

Question
Brad
I am an overweight (working on it) 55 year old rec hockey player. I am not too bad either, but I have one issue to overcome. I am hoping you can show me some stretches or exercises to help. When I come to a stop after retrieving, it is hard to get going again. I know my weight is a factor, but what can I do to help me go from a stpped position, usually wide leg, back to motion again?
Thanks!

Answer
Hi Barry,

Thanks for your inquiry. It's a pleasure to help and I hope the following is beneficial.

I can certainly offer you some help with the stretching exercises, but you would probably benefit from talking to one of the "Track & Field" experts as well... http://www.allexperts.com/el/Track-Field/

As for the stretching exercises that will be most beneficial for you; I recommend that you work on the muscle groups around your hips and core (hips, groin, buttocks, hamstrings, lower back, etc.) You can find many different stretches that you can do for these muscle groups at our free stretching videos page here... http://injuryfix.com/stretching-videos.php

Also, I recently wrote an article titled: 4 tips for improving your flexibility when you think you can't improve your flexibility. You can read the article at the following link... http://injuryfix.com/archives/improve-your-flexibility.php

The article covers things like: warming up; when to stretch; variety; types of stretching, etc. (And BTW, one of the best times to stretch is just before going to bed.)

I hope the above has been helpful. For more information on stretching, flexibility and sports injury management, visit Injury Fix.

Brad Walker
Founder & CEO
Injury Fix

Stretching & Flexibility

Brad Walker (The Stretch Coach)