Stretching & Flexibility/Lack of flexibilty

Question
I have never been flexible and can not even cross my legs in the i believe the so called Indian position. But i am a discipline 58 year old runner who never misses my 2 to 3 miles a day and also use Dumbbells at home almost everyday. This is my website http://www.seniorrunner.com/
I really need a simple routine to get more limber. Please help.
         Best of health,Bruce Silverman

Answer
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your inquiry. It's a pleasure to help and I hope the following is beneficial.

It's not necessarily a routine or special stretches that you need; it's a change in the way you do your stretching that will help.

I recently wrote an article titled: 4 tips for improving your flexibility when you think you can't improve your flexibility. You can read the article at the following link... http://injuryfix.com/archives/improve-your-flexibility.php

The article covers things like: warming up; when to stretch; variety; types of stretching, etc. (And BTW, one of the best times to stretch is just before going to bed.)

As for different stretches that you can do, take a look at our free stretching videos here... http://injuryfix.com/stretching-videos.php

I hope the above has been helpful. For more information on stretching, flexibility and sports injury management, visit Injury Fix.

Brad Walker
Founder & CEO
Injury Fix

Stretching & Flexibility

Brad Walker (The Stretch Coach)