Stretching & Flexibility/wrist finger flexibility

Question
Brad,
      I was wondering if you should stretch the wrist muscles before the extrinsic finger muscles or if I should stretch them together? Also when doing a the wrist flexor stretch when you are "doing the stop gesture" andpulling the fingers and wrist into extension, i feel it more in the fingers especially the ring finger. Any suggestions?

Answer
Hi Rick,

Both ways are good. Isolating one muscle group at a time allows you to focus more on each muscle, but it's also good to combine muscle groups as this simulates "real-world" activities more closely.

And it's quite normal to "feel" the stretch in different places. Some people will feel it more in the wrist, while others will feel it more in the fingers. It's just an indication as to where you are more tight.

I hope the above has been helpful. For more information on stretching, flexibility and sports injury management, visit Injury Fix.

Brad Walker
Founder & CEO
Injury Fix™

Stretching & Flexibility

Brad Walker (The Stretch Coach)