Stretching & Flexibility/Best stretches

Whats a good strecthing routine and also any good stretching equipment like bands or somethingthat can help you prevent injury and just feel overall better want to go into learning boxing or mma

Hi Al,

Thanks for your inquiry. It's a pleasure to help and I hope the following is beneficial.

Firstly, have a read through the following article... will give you the basics you need to get the most out of stretching.

Secondly, if you want to get into boxing or MMA, have a read through the following 2 articles. They both contain information about preventing injuries and the top 3 recommended stretches for each sport.

Thirdly, if you want some videos of stretching routines that you can follow along to, take a look at our stretching videos page here...

And lastly, there's a few stretching tools that will help... I would suggest the StretchStrap and the ProStretch.

I hope the above has been helpful. For more information on stretching, flexibility and sports injury management, visit Injury Fix.

Brad Walker
Founder & CEO
Injury Fix™

Stretching & Flexibility

Brad Walker (The Stretch Coach)

I'm more than happy to answer any questions relating to stretching, flexibility and sports injury management. Including how to use stretching to improve your athletic performance, prevent sports injury and aid in the recovery of sports injury.

I'm an internationally recognized stretching and sports injury consultant with more than 20 years of practical experience in the health and fitness industry. I'm also the founder of the Stretching Institute and

Sports Medicine Australia

I've written 5 books on stretching, flexibility and sports injury, including... The Stretching Handbook (ISBN: 978-0958109338), The Anatomy of Stretching (ISBN: 978-1556435966) and The Anatomy of Sports Injuries (ISBN: 978-1556436666). Plus, I've had numerous articles published at, and

I'm a health science graduate of the University of New England, with post graduate accreditation's in athletics, swimming and triathlon coaching. I've worked with elite level and world champion athletes and I've lectured for Sports Medicine Australia on sports injury prevention and treatment.

I've worked as assistant coach to Miles Stewart (World Champion Triathlete) and Mick Doohan (World 500cc Motorcycle Champion). Plus I've worked with countless other athletes from sports as diverse as roller-skating, squash, and cycling.