Stretching & Flexibility/How to deal with muscle cramps?

Question
Hey there!
I play soccer on a weekly basis and am in good athletic shape although a bit on the skinny side but my problem is that every time during the game or after the game I get muscle cramps that lasts for like days and I find it really painful to even walk. I have kept a check on hydration and diet but still the problem exists in its very original form. This is really holding me back as I am comparatively faster than others when I sprint but these cramps stop me from even completing the game sometimes. Can you please advise me as in how to treat or avoid these? Thanks!

Answer
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your inquiry. It's a pleasure to help and I hope the following is beneficial.

There's 4 key areas that you can improve to help reduce the frequency and intensity of cramps and spasms:

1. General health and fitness
2. Stretching and flexibility
3. Hydration
4. Minerals and electrolytes

Take a look at the article at the link below; it goes into a lot more detail about each area... http://injuryfix.com/archives/muscle-cramp.php

I hope the above has been helpful. For more information on stretching, flexibility and sports injury management, visit Injury Fix.

Brad Walker
Founder & CEO
Injury Fix™

Stretching & Flexibility

Brad Walker (The Stretch Coach)