Stretching & Flexibility/STRETCHING

Hi there,
I was attempting to get on to Brad Walker, as I am interested in stretching and flexibility.
Hi I am a fitness instructor coming up to 70 when I shall retire and begin my own small classes.

The importance of stretching for 50's and over is so important, however I do not have unlimited funds.    I am looking for someone who is dedicated and committed; from whom I can learn without paying thousands of dollars just to keep my CEC's up.

I want to be able to hold classes that will make a difference to my clients and I want it to be very low cost.

I am looking for someone in Perth, who is as dedicated as you.  I feel shy, however I have taken the tack that  "If you don't ask, you don't get"

Alternatively are you of the opinion that learning from a book will be sufficient?

Sincere wishes
Thank you for your valued time

Josephine Markovich
Serendipity Cottage
126 Burniston Street
Scarborough  6019

Hi Josephine,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I don't do any kind of certification or courses that you can do. But there are a few other coaches who specialize in that sort of stuff.

Try doing a search for Kit Laughlin (Australian) and Paul Chek (US). They both do certification courses that you could do.

I hope the above has been helpful. For more information on stretching, flexibility and sports injury management, visit

Brad Walker
The Stretch Coach™

Stretching & Flexibility

Brad Walker (The Stretch Coach)

I'm more than happy to answer any questions relating to stretching, flexibility and sports injury management. Including how to use stretching to improve your athletic performance, prevent sports injury and aid in the recovery of sports injury.

I'm an internationally recognized stretching and sports injury consultant with more than 20 years of practical experience in the health and fitness industry. I'm also the founder of the Stretching Institute and

Sports Medicine Australia

I've written 5 books on stretching, flexibility and sports injury, including... The Stretching Handbook (ISBN: 978-0958109338), The Anatomy of Stretching (ISBN: 978-1556435966) and The Anatomy of Sports Injuries (ISBN: 978-1556436666). Plus, I've had numerous articles published at, and

I'm a health science graduate of the University of New England, with post graduate accreditation's in athletics, swimming and triathlon coaching. I've worked with elite level and world champion athletes and I've lectured for Sports Medicine Australia on sports injury prevention and treatment.

I've worked as assistant coach to Miles Stewart (World Champion Triathlete) and Mick Doohan (World 500cc Motorcycle Champion). Plus I've worked with countless other athletes from sports as diverse as roller-skating, squash, and cycling.