Stretching & Flexibility/flexibility

I have recently started back with getting back in shape. 1/6/2014 had a slip n fall at my old job. Injured lowerleft side above the buttox and tailbone region. I did pt therapy in feb of this yr. Then I reinjured it again in june. Cux of my ability to recover from this 2nd accident lifting to heavy of items. So I did laser therapy it worked felt more mobility doc then had a slip for yoga. Started that.  I as of 2 weeks ago started walking on a teadmill after this past monday I felt a slight tingling sensation on the left side area it dodnt hurt though.. Should I keep going or stop the exercise? I do not run on treadmills cux it causes pain in my back.

Hi Marcy,

Thanks for your inquiry. It's a pleasure to help and I hope the following is beneficial.

I would encourage you to keep going, but because of your recent injuries there are certain precautions you should take. Just stick with the walking for the time-being and stop any other activity that causes pain.

Spend more time doing gentle stretching exercises; especially after walking on the treadmill. And maybe even consider getting a massage.

I hope the above has been helpful. For more information on stretching, flexibility and sports injury management, visit

Brad Walker
The Stretch Coach

Stretching & Flexibility

Brad Walker (The Stretch Coach)

I'm more than happy to answer any questions relating to stretching, flexibility and sports injury management. Including how to use stretching to improve your athletic performance, prevent sports injury and aid in the recovery of sports injury.

I'm an internationally recognized stretching and sports injury consultant with more than 20 years of practical experience in the health and fitness industry. I'm also the founder of the Stretching Institute and

Sports Medicine Australia

I've written 5 books on stretching, flexibility and sports injury, including... The Stretching Handbook (ISBN: 978-0958109338), The Anatomy of Stretching (ISBN: 978-1556435966) and The Anatomy of Sports Injuries (ISBN: 978-1556436666). Plus, I've had numerous articles published at, and

I'm a health science graduate of the University of New England, with post graduate accreditation's in athletics, swimming and triathlon coaching. I've worked with elite level and world champion athletes and I've lectured for Sports Medicine Australia on sports injury prevention and treatment.

I've worked as assistant coach to Miles Stewart (World Champion Triathlete) and Mick Doohan (World 500cc Motorcycle Champion). Plus I've worked with countless other athletes from sports as diverse as roller-skating, squash, and cycling.