Sublime/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
40oz first press.3/16/2017Matt Maguire
  Q: I'm new to collecting sublime stuff. I thought I'd start with the 40oz to freedom first press to ...
  A: Greg, I'm kicking myself for not getting back to you sooner. My procrastination came from the fact ...
Peninsula Riots/First Show1/12/2017Andy Hill
  Q: I wondering if you were at their first show, or know more about the details of the riots? Do you ...
  A: Leland, Thanks for your questions. I haven't answered one in a while. I really like the topic of ...
Autographed 4 track Badfish EP12/25/2016Matt Maguire
  Q: I have a similar question my buddy Jeff asked a few years ago, but I never saw a monetary value ...
  A: Jason, The lame answer is that it's worth what someone will pay, especially since this is a unique ...
Songs That Never Got Played Live11/1/2016Matt Maguire
  Q: I was thinking the other day while I know some of the songs from the self-titled album never got ...
  A: Zak, There is not an exhaustive list of songs NOT played live. Likewise, if I told you a song was ...
just asking for credit9/9/2016Matt Maguire
  Q: Much respect for your knowledge, but don't claim ". I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" ...
  A: Glad you found me. I've been looking for you for 16 years. You're mentioned in the text supplement ...
Summertime 1997 Matted Poster9/3/2016Matt Maguire
  Q: SUBLIME - Summertime 1997 Poster - Is this poster still for sale? ANSWER: If you can find it for ...
  A: There's no picture included with your question. However, if you want a copy of this it is available ...
College days7/22/2016Andy Hill
  Q: Being one of the few people who has read your article....... I was wondering what other bands did ...
  A: Dave, I think that I mentioned all of the bands that I could remember from that time which was ...
40 Oz. to Freedom Lyrics6/20/2016Andy Hill
  Q: I was listening to 40 Oz. the other day and it struck me that the first couple lines of the song: ...
  A: Zak, I never thought that the song could have been about Gwen. Interesting. My instinct combined ...
Prophet lyrics by sublime4/26/2016Matt Maguire
  Q: Are there more sublime versions of prophet aside from the demo on EUTS? Did they ever perform it ...
  A: Prophet is on the bootleg "Pure Anus" and was repurposed for EUTS and cleaned up. There are no other ...
Bradleys Guitar4/20/2016Matt Maguire
  Q: Hey whats up man,hows it goin,im chillnn,I was just curious to know what ever happened to the ...
  A: Andres Donis, That eBay sale is very misleading but it actually doesn't claim to be Brad's custom ...
Holds Sublime4/9/2016Matt Maguire
  Q: Matt, do you know who arrange Sublime set shows ? Who was the Holds ? I always thought that ...
  A: Carlos Alexandre Lehmann Ferrão, There was obviously more to the team than the three-piece harm of ...
Secret Dub/Send a Moses (Rewind Selector)3/9/2016Matt Maguire
  Q: Hey Matt, thanks again for your help with the New World Jamaica question I had a month ago. I've ...
  A: Zack, Track 16, It All Seems So Silly in the Long Run. How's that for a short answer? Matt This ...
Fishbone's "Skankin to the Beat"2/25/2016Matt Maguire
  Q: So as you may know (or not lol,) on the new Sublime With Rome album "Sirens," there is a cover of ...
  A: There is not a recording available of Sublime performing that song, live or otherwise. They do ...
Eileen2/23/2016Matt Maguire
  Q: Matt, I read in one of your posts about Eileen being 15 when she first caught Brads eye. I also ...
  A: TMart, I don't think anyone knows what magazine she was in. The way I've heard the story told, it ...
Brad and The Grateful Dead2/22/2016Andy Hill
  Q: Andy, Thank you for your insight into your life and times with Brad. Brad says "This is for you ...
  A: Hey Todd, Your question totally brought back good and funny memories of Brad. I've been thinking ...
Sinsemilla 86 96 CD 1st press?2/7/2016Matt Maguire
  Q: I bought this CD about a year and a half ago and think it may be a first pressing. I've scanned the ...
  A: The CD didn't have a mini flyer in it...do you mean it was a packaged deal from the purchase? The ...
"Wrong Way" demo/bootleg2/3/2016Matt Maguire
  Q: aspiring Sublime historian here. I take special pride in my collection of bootlegs and demo versions ...
  A: EDITED FROM THE ORIGINAL Zack, Once you sent me the track and clarified that this was a Wrong Way ...
MC Naitch1/13/2016Andy Hill
  Q: Hey Andy, Super random question, I was just wondering, but on the SublimeWiki website, in the ...
  A: Sam, This is not an odd question at all. Yep, MC Naitch is me. You are officially the 7th person ...
Don't Push Lyrics1/12/2016Matt Maguire
  Q: Hey Matt, I've asked a few questions here before, love your answers. Yet another question! What are ...
  A: Well hello again Sam, The lyrics are from a real reggae song, but they're not the actual lyrics -- ...
Influences12/27/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: I recently found an old interview in which Troy said Brad was curious about heroin because his ...
  A: Nik, This question is my SPECIALTY, however I am about to board a plane right now and won't have ...
ADHD?12/27/2015Andy Hill
  Q: The more I read about Brad (interviews, bands Sublime went on tour with, etc) the more I get the ...
  A: Marcus, You're totally correct. Brad was diagnosed as a child with ADD. I'm not sure if he was ...
Sublime Gift12/1/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: My boyfriend is a huge sublime fan and loves Bradley Nowell. I would love to get him something for ...
  A: Stephanie, $100 could get you a 1st pressing 40oz to Freedom CD with the tracks that were stripped ...
Anarchism11/28/2015Andy Hill
  Q: Greetings, Andy and everybody reading this! I want to thank you for all the information you so ...
  A: Marcelo, Thanks for the good question. I haven't had a query in a while so I need to get off my ...
40 Oz To Freedom CD10/2/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: I have a copy of 40 Oz To Freedom that I've had since 92 or 93. It has no barcode and the 966 ...
  A: For questions regarding collectibles, I'd always refer to George Harris Jr, an avid collector. ...
Sublime Unreleased Material9/30/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: Hey Matt, I've enjoyed learning about Sublime through your answers! Sublime is my favorite band, so ...
  A: Nate, Sorry, I've not had the chance to offer a detailed response to this set of questions. I was ...
Slightly Stoopid and Brad9/17/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: Hey Matt, do you know the story behind Brad meeting Miles and Kyle from Slightly Stoopid?
  A: David, I don't know the story of them meeting, but they do go way back. In fact, Brad played bass ...
Surfing in Costa Rica late 80's early 90's8/7/2015Andy Hill
  Q: Hey, I have a kind of tricky question that may not have a direct, absolute answer. So I'm going to ...
  A: Gavin, I would say that you asked the right person this question. I clearly remember when Brad ...
Live track from DVD8/2/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: Stand by your Van wasn't my first Sublime cd but it stayed in my car cd player for a year and was an ...
  A: Joe, Thanks for the information. I was aware and in fact I had found that audio via a different ...
Rare song lyrics7/23/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: hey matt, hope you are doing great! been listening to some sweet booptlegd recently and was ...
  A: These are rough and experimental tracks done in the studio, but not released on a CD. As you know, ...
MTV Biorhythm Episode6/26/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: was just wanting to know if you could e-mail me the Sublime Biorhythm episode? If you can that would ...
  A: It's a few hundred MB, so I can't email it. If you can't find it on youtube, feel free to email me ...
Live at the E's5/27/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: Hey, I was just wondering. Is it Miguel who's rapping parts during Live at the E's ? Also, before ...
  A: Johnny, No, it's not Miguel -- his voice sounds like a typical cali-surfer boy like Brad. That's ...
swag5/21/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: So i know there is an old sublime shirt its black, long sleeve and has sublime written down the ...
  A: Javi, I know the shirt in question, but it's pretty rare. A less rare shirt is the Tabasco tee, ...
pink palace5/20/2015Andy Hill
  Q: Where is the location of the apartment complex in Santa Cruz? Curious as i saw it was mentioned in ...
  A: Hey Dave, I can't believe that I remember the address of the place. It's 1123 East Cliff Drive in ...
Unreleased lyrics/ content5/16/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: Hey Matt, i've been reading through the answers on this page and must say first if all that they ...
  A: Nothing Brad wrote will be released as a SWR song, this I know. However, there were many songs that ...
New Song lyrics, meaning5/11/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: I of course have the feeling that New Song is about heroin, but I heard Brad wasn't into that yet at ...
  A: Lacking lyric books, and with Brad singing songs differently each time, it's hard to lock down true ...
Matt Vargus5/2/2015Andy Hill
  Q: Hey, so in the song STP, Bradley mentions Matt Vargas. From what I've heard, Matt Vargas is Kelly ...
  A: Hey Zach, Sorry for the big delay in getting back to you. Your questions are good but also ...
Don't Push versions4/24/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: hey, i was wondering about something. how many (studio or demo) versions are there of "don't push" ? ...
  A: Tracy, It's hard to say how many versions of "Don't Push" really exist, because there are ...
Scarlet Begonias vocals4/24/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: Hey, who is actually singing the cover of Scarlet Begonias on Sublime's first album? It doesn't ...
  A: It is Brad singing, but it sounds different because there's two vocal tracks overlaid. The other ...
Sublime Documentary: Rewind Selector3/30/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: I'm a big fan of Sublime (I bet you get that a lot) (who isn't). I had an idea that I've thought ...
  A: Jeff, I think it's a great idea if it gets the support from the right people. Keep in mind that ...
Had A Dat3/19/2015Matt Maguire
  Q: Had A Dat has a magnetic-y sound at the beginning, after he says "process tree" the magnetic-y ...
  A: Drew, I'm not sure that I can difinitively answer that for you because I don't know what they used ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Sublime

Matt Maguire

Top Expert on this page