Sublime/Bradley and underage girls?

Question
Did Bradley have a thing for underage girls? Or did he date underage girls or something? Cause in a few of his songs he mentions girls of the ages 14-16. The song 'Mary' makes me a little suspicious. I'm confused.

Answer
Michelle,

First of all, so sorry for the late response! I think the line "underage girls" automatically threw this into spam for me and I didn't know you had asked a question until I received a reminder email from AllExperts. Normally I pride myself in a rapid response, but obviously that's not the case this time.

To answer your question (kinda), I have no knowledge of Brad's involvement or even interest in underage girls. Sometimes a song is just a song, sometimes there's a story behind it, and sometimes we find 15 years later that it was a cover all along! "Mary" does mention a girl who is "Fifteen years old, plus one" (16), but the sources I have all show Brad with of-age women. Cat Rodriguez, Eireen, Troy Dendekker, and a girl Brad was in love with who ended up posing in a hardcore adult magazine, breaking his heart (a previous answer expands upon that story).

Anyway, I do know that there were many fights that materialized as a result of Brad's interest in women. Brad was known for taking full advantage of his fame as the Sublime lead at concerts and parties, hooking up with women who were at the show with their boyfriends, and not being covert about it.

Again, sorry for the delay, and I hope that answers your question.

Matt

Sublime

Matt Maguire