Sublime/Clip from Half Baked track on the Black Album

Hey Matt,

I was curious about the clip from Half Baked on the first Black Album bootleg.  After the Half Baked ends, another clip starts with some kid saying "No it's pot I swear I smoke it with my friends!" and so on.  I was just curious what that clip was from.

Hey there Sam,

The quote is "No! No! It’s pot, I swear! I smoke it with my friends! I love to toke up on the fat daddy’s….. dude!" This is said by the character Tommy, played by Joseph Gordon Levitt, in the tv show "3rd Rock from the Sun".

Here's the actual clip:

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.