Sublime/Brad's wedding band

I noticed that Brad is often wearing a wedding band on his ring finger in several live shows from '95 and even earlier (the hollywoood palace show in '95, for example). Why is this? He was not married until May of '96?

I have to give you proper congrats for seeing something I never noticed. You are correct about him wearing a ring on his ring finger back in February 1995, something I've never heard talked about in my years.

Unfortunately that leads me with only conjectures.

Jakob was born in June of 1995. That means that by Feb 1995, Troy Dendekker knew she was pregnant. That may have meant that they considered themselves to be married before they had the time and money to actually wed. And considering Brad's past success with females, Troy may have wanted that ring on him to mark her man.

Good question.

I'll see if I can uncover anything else and post it as a followup.

I asked Brad's sister, Kellie and she had this to say:

"The ring was a symbol of commitment, not engagement. They didn't decide to "formally" marry until the following year."
Kellie Nowell

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.