Sublime/Bradley Hologram

why doesnt bud and eric rejoin for a tour with a hologram brad? everyone saw how amazing tupacs was, every sublime fan everywhere would gather for that without a doubt, they could make killer money.

Hi Kaleb,

There are a few issues that stand in the way. First, Tupac was used once, rather than given a tour, so the money might not be as much as one would think. Second, the family would have to be on board and I can't see them agreeing to that when there was such legal difficulty with them reuniting and using the name "Sublime" for Sublime with Rome.

You also have the tenuous relationship between Bud and Eric, who after Bud leaving the band, haven't been on great terms.

All that said, there is still a technical issue: Tupac was on a huge tour before he died, with high quality footage. Sublimes success is mostly posthumous, so the video that was shot was by Skunk, using handhelds on stage. For the hologram effect, you need a high def TV camera, straight in front if the stage.

This is an idea fans have thrown around, but one I doubt will come to fruition.

Good question.

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.