Andy wrote at 2014-03-26 05:48:32

Miguel/Michael Happoldt is from Florida so when they would tour through there, Miguel already had connections for them in certain places.

Yes, on the Thank You Dub at the end of 40 Oz. to Freedom, Miguel talks about a place they stayed in Gainseville where a murder happened. Pretty gnarly.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where exactly in Florida he is from.  I'm pretty sure that it is not the Miami area but I could be wrong.

He moved out to California when he was about 19 years old and the rest is Skunk history.

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.