Sublime/Zapeda

Question
I was going through these and saw someone ask Gman about the Zapeda Tape. He said he had it and would consider making a copy for the person who asked. Unfortunately, it doesnt look like gman is an expert on here anymore. I was wondering if you are in possession of said zapeda tape and if its in any way possible for me to get my ears on that.
Thanks a bunch

Answer
Nate,

The Zapeda tape is just a demo cassette of some songs for Steve Zepeda, a foot-in-the-door for Sublime at some venues. It was a short track list of some songs that showed their range:

1) Ebbenz Change (aka Ebin, written after Eben Sterling and with the melody of one of his songs, "Celebration")
2) Romeo (Used in the "Tromeo and Juliet" soundtrack)
3) Date Rape (their first hit)
4) New Realization
5) The Boring Song (real title is Roots of Creation ..."I am living in a boring nation")

I do have mp3s from the tape, but they're not far off from the songs you know and love.

Email me and we can figure something out: mdmaguirespam AT comcast DOT net

Best,
Matt

Sublime

Matt Maguire