Sublime/40 oz to Freedom on vinyl

Hi Matt
I was wondering what year 40 oz of freedom came out on vinyl? I know the CD and tape came out in 1992.
Thank You

Hello Matt,

I was told by collectors that it originally came out with the album in 1992. Of course this is referring to the original press. There have been many presses, including pictures discs and color discs sold at Hot Topic as recently as in the past few years. I'll try to dig up some more information for you.

Hope this helps,

Edit: It was sold for $9 at the time.

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.