Sublime/Mother's and Casa Sanchez Mexican food

I saw an answer on this form from "GMan" and somebody asked him about things he should see in long beach while he's in town. Gman said that he should check out "Mother's" and "Alex's Bar" and some other places. Do you know if he's referring to "Mother's Beach" ? There is a Bar in Sunset that I'm in all the time during the summer "Mother's Tavern" I was wondering if Brad may have played there. As the case at the Hard Rock Shows, a flier for a gig they had in sunset beach at PCH and Warner, in a place that isn't there anymore to my knowledge but Mother's Tavern is right near there. Any Idea if they have played At Mother's Tavern at all ?

Secondly, Casa Sanchez comes up in a few spots in long beach on google. I really want to get there and grab some food. It shows one on Anaheim and Termino St. and Another one on PCH and Rose. Do you have any idea which one it would be ?

I don't know why George mentioned either of those two, because he's never mentioned them to me.

I did some research and found the right Mother's Tavern for you and it's ties to Sublime (though unclear):

Here's a place you should check out:

Shannon's Bayshore Irish Pub & Sports Bar
5335 E 2nd St  Long Beach, CA 90803

That's where the crowd noise/intro to Badfish was recorded. There's some memorabilia on the walls and some stories from the bartender.

"Hey man, what's up?" - Spoken by Greg Abramson
"Tell Todd he can turn the radio back up." - Spoken by Miguel Happoldt, Todd was the bartender at Shannon's Bayshore Saloon who turned the radio down for Abramson and and Happoldt so they could record the bar sound effects (ala Nite Klub).

Check out the attached photo of Shannon's.

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.