Sublime/sublime green vinyl 45 get out

Question
back in 92 i worked at a chevy dealership in firebaugh, ca. about noon or so a tow truck hauling a chevy blazer and u-haul type trailer pulls into the lot. low and behold it was sublime coming back from a college frat party. their ride had died on i-5 and we were the closest chevy dealership around. anyway they asked me about a river they had heard of around there....i told em it was a few blocks away.....they asked if i'd keep an eye on their equipment trailer. i did, it was my job.  they come back a few hours later and tell me about their swim and fun at the river.  i ask what kind of music they played and they gave me a copy of the green 45 get out.  went home. listened to it. thought it kicked ass. went back to the dealership and asked em if they had anymore music available. they did, it was a cd of 40oz to freedom. they would trade it for a 12 pack of beer.  i went across the street and bought a 12 pk for 5 or 6 bucks and was handed the cd. in hindsight i wish i had thought to get them signed. anyway, times have been kind of tight lately and i was thinking about getting rid of the green vinyl if it was worth enough.  i've seen it going for different prices online. anywhere from 400- 1200. what do you think it may be worth and how do you recomend selling it? i have only played it a few times and would grade it as near mint. thanks in advance, dean

Answer
Dean,

$400-$1000 sounds about right for the vinyl. Depending on the year and the condition, that 40oz could be worth $100-$150. Of course if you had them signed, the value would rocket up, but it's too late for that.

The bad news is that a lot of collectors have been selling in the down economy. eBay is a huge risk, so I'd recommend you find people on fan sites. I'm a moderator at Sublimeforum.com which has a merch/sale section like the old Skunk boards used to, but it's been very quiet since global Facebook groups gained steam. There are some exclusive ones out there that aren't searchable, but the biggest public one is likely SublimeWiki on Facebook.

Provide photos and the story (value is in the story). Tell them I sent you!

Matt

Sublime

Matt Maguire