Sublime/Lincoln Highway Dub

What is the chanting at the beginning of "Lincoln Highway Dub"? What language is it in? What does it mean?

I did a decent amount of research on this one and could not find out anything.  Sorry.  One theory that I have is that it is a random sample that Miguel or Brad pulled off of the television or some other place.  Send this same question to Matt Maguire if you haven't already.  It is very likely that he will know something that I don't about this song.  Obviously Santeria evolved from this song which is pretty cool.

I do not have a random and trivial memory of this song like I do with a few others.  I can only tell you that the place or one of the place where Robbin the Hood was recorded was a horrible house.  I spent one night there sleeping directly on the concrete in the summer of 1993 and it was pretty hellish.  The year that Robbin the Hood was recorded (1994) was not a good one for Brad.  He was in the throes of drug addiction but was still able to record some great songs.

Sorry that I wasn't able to be of more help on this one.  Contact Matt Maguire.

Take care,

Andy Hill

I lived with Brad for two years and I was a close friend of his so I feel like I am pretty qualified to answer some questions about Sublime. I will do my best to answer questions about Bud, Eric, Miguel and of course Brad. I should also be qualified to answer a few questions about Brad's lyrics that are in Spanish. With many topics though, like merchandise, bootlegs, and many other things I am completely under qualified. Refer these questions and any others that require extensive research to Matt (ha, ha, ha.)

Most of my experience in the area obviously comes from living with and hanging out with Brad. I've read the Crazy Fool book twice and I've also watched Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations along with countless other interviews and videos. When it really comes down to it though, I have not become a Sublime scholar like Matt has. If you want a personal insight on some questions then I am your man for the job.

Some of my writings about Sublime have appeared on the Sublime Forum and on the Sublime Wiki.

I am not sure if it matters but I am a college graduate. Adequate writing skills combined with my personal experience enable me to answer many questions. If I don't feel like I can answer a question well, I will tell you so or refer you to Matt.

I do not financially benefit from anything Sublime. I do not sell or deal with Sublime merchandise, bootlegs or other recordings. My interest in being a Sublime "expert" is mostly altruistic. I've seen a lot of lies, half-truths and exaggerations out there about Brad and Sublime so I would like to debunk some of these myths or falsifications if possible.