Sublime/Live Track from Stand By Your Van

Question
QUESTION: Where was the version of "Work That We Do" they used on the Stand By Your Van CD recorded from?

ANSWER: Andy,

The live tracks from Sublime's album titled Stand by Your Van were recorded in San Francisco at a concert venue known as Kommotion and released by someone known as Lil Mike who worked there.

The tour van, an old Econoline, lives about 30 minutes from me in Georgia and was recently put up for sale. Do you have $15,000 and some storage space?

Matt

QUESTION: Hey Matt, I have been meaning to ask you about that van.  Maybe I have the storage space or the 15k, but I'm certain that I saw that van demolished...or at least severely damaged in a video.  It was like a late night skinamax type production, but they (dubstars @ the time) weren't really featured.  I know they toured w/ it again periodically after Brad died.

Answer
Andy, it was sold and shipped by train from California, but the makeshift bunk bed inside was lost in transit, though the mattress remains.

The van is in disrepair, having never been fixed up, and still has some bullet holes, rust, and a shot transmission.

It has not been dismantled, I can confirm.

Matt

Sublime

Matt Maguire