Sublime/Rivers of babylon / we're only gonna die

I was wondering if you knew who all played/sang (even clapped!) in the Rivers of Babylon recording. I'm pretty sure Brad was playing a 12 string guitar but who else was involved?

Also, who was the other guitarist in We're only gonna die for our own arrogance? Just curious

Rivers of Babylon is a psalm from the bible (137) that was popularized by Boney M and The Melodians. Sublimes version is done at a house recording via a four track with Jack Maness playing and singing and friends listening.

Not sure which version of "Early Man", as Brad often called his cover of his favorite Bad Brains song, you're referring to, but it's possible that Brad played both parts and they just mixed it on track. Otherwise Mike Miguel Happoldt did a lot of guitar work on albums. For example, he does the solo in What I Got after "I can play the guitar like a motherfuckin riot".

Does that help?

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.