Sublime/Acoustic Tunes

Just listened to the Acoustic album Bradley Nowell & Friends for probably the thousandth time. Did Sublime play a lot of songs acoustically? Maybe when they were just hanging out I've seen a show where Brad and Eric played acoustic guitars but I think Bud was MIA. Also did they record more acoustic songs that didn't make onto the CD?

Great album. On that album are some tracks from live shows that Brad played acoustic. Because they played all the time in whatever venue was available, yes there are many acoustic songs or really versions of songs you know, but done on acoustic guitar.

Firecracker Lounge is a 2/2/1995 show that Brad did acoustic (and drunk).

There is also a show that Brad and Eric did together, though in terrible sound quality.

If you don't have Firecracker Lounge it is a must for your collection.

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.