Andy wrote at 2014-03-25 08:13:32
Hey Greg,

Thanks for the great feedback.  I don't know if I deserve it completely but I'll take it.

Here's one little thing that I forgot to add.  It's just one more tiny little piece of the Brad puzzle.  I originally wrote it up on a FB Sublime forum page.

Another memory

By Andy Hill on Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 2:13pm

This is a really short memory but one that keeps bubbling into consciousness lately. It was 1993 and Sublime was at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz, California. For some reason I can not remember the show at all, not even one song. After the show, we were sitting down and some dude came up and started chatting with Brad. I think the guy was a musician, most likely a trumpet or sax player.

I was not into talking to this guy. He struck me as a dork and I just wanted him to go away. Brad, on the other hand, was so gracious and civil with him that I still can remember this close to 19 years later. Brad ,or most people for that matter, didn't always treat everyone with this same amount of decency but for some reason Brad was genuinely interested in what the dude had to say.

I'm not going to make this into some epic epiphany moment because it wasn't but after all this time, I realize it was one of those moments I could have learned a lot from at the time. :)

Andy Hill

I lived with Brad for two years and I was a close friend of his so I feel like I am pretty qualified to answer some questions about Sublime. I will do my best to answer questions about Bud, Eric, Miguel and of course Brad. I should also be qualified to answer a few questions about Brad's lyrics that are in Spanish. With many topics though, like merchandise, bootlegs, and many other things I am completely under qualified. Refer these questions and any others that require extensive research to Matt (ha, ha, ha.)

Most of my experience in the area obviously comes from living with and hanging out with Brad. I've read the Crazy Fool book twice and I've also watched Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations along with countless other interviews and videos. When it really comes down to it though, I have not become a Sublime scholar like Matt has. If you want a personal insight on some questions then I am your man for the job.

Some of my writings about Sublime have appeared on the Sublime Forum and on the Sublime Wiki.

I am not sure if it matters but I am a college graduate. Adequate writing skills combined with my personal experience enable me to answer many questions. If I don't feel like I can answer a question well, I will tell you so or refer you to Matt.

I do not financially benefit from anything Sublime. I do not sell or deal with Sublime merchandise, bootlegs or other recordings. My interest in being a Sublime "expert" is mostly altruistic. I've seen a lot of lies, half-truths and exaggerations out there about Brad and Sublime so I would like to debunk some of these myths or falsifications if possible.