Sublime/Lost Show

Around Dec. 10th, 1995 I saw Sublime at the Nile Theater in Phoenix.  I have a thousand stories from this show as it would be my last - after a no show & a cxld house party.  Our Sony hi-8 camcorder never made it out of the bag.  A Kodak disposable camera (remember those?) also went largely unused.  I left for Europe shortly after the Holidays.  I saw a tiny blurb in the International Edition USA today about Brad Nowell dead of a heroin overdose.  Nobody understood the loss across the Atlantic.  I had Date Rape on a mixed cassette tape & the Badfish EP on disc.  I don't think I listened to much else that whole Summer.  The picture of a girl in her bra on the inside cover of Stand By Your Van is from the show.  I have never found any A/V from this AZ show.  Do you know if any audio recordings from this show exist?  I think SBD to DAT was happening & I would love to hear it + have a copy.  Would love to revisit this highly memorable show.  Thank you & Much Respect  -Andy

Unfortunately there is no known audio or video of that show that has surfaced to the public, so I can't help you out. An extensive list of venues and dates is on the SublimeWiki for all years, including 1995.

It is by no means complete. In fact, it doesn't even show your tour date. If you could play detective and narrow down the tour date we could add it to the SublimeWiki. It would be really helpful. Do you have any particular good memories of the show that you would be willing to share?

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.