Sublime/40 Oz To Freedom CD

hi Matt
I have a copy of 40 Oz To Freedom that I've had since 92 or 93.  It has no barcode and the 966 Redondo Ave. address on the back.  Symbols on both spines with no words and no catalog number anywhere.   It doesnt have a cover or front jacket but the jewel case has a large yellow and black sticker that reads:

40 Oz. To Freedom
True Sound * TCB      213*650-5920

The actual disc has the purple faces with the pipes and SKUNK 01% on the inside.

Can you tell me any info on this/how rare it might be and which pressing you think it might be?

Really appreciate any insight that you can offer me on this!

Hi Matt,

For questions regarding collectibles, I'd always refer to George Harris Jr, an avid collector. Here's a conversation he had about that disc. It should have inserts, so if you're looking to sell, you won't be getting those prices. The sticker probably has to do with where you got it, maybe through a secondary source. Anyway, it's a first-first pressing and quite rare.

The purple guy with the pipe is Bob, leader of the Church of Subgenius. Google it and learn about the slack.

Anyway, here's a lot of information for you about that piece:

PS. I'm from the east coast, but responding from sunny San Diego this morning, traveling for a conference.

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.