Sublime/Influences

Question
I recently found an old interview in which Troy said Brad was curious about heroin because his influences such as Kurt Cobain and Perry Farrell did it. I didn't know he was into grunge! Can you tell us more about his influences? I know he loved Bob Marley, Toots and the Maytals, Yellowman, the Bad Brains, KRS ONE, Just Ice, the Descendents and so much more punk.

Answer
Nik,

This question is my SPECIALTY, however I am about to board a plane right now and won't have access to a computer for a while. Review my past answers and Google my album Sublime Rewind Selector to find a lot more influences than you listed above. I've dissected every album, unreleased album, and even live tracks and interviews. You'll find pages and dozens of answers related to this question. If you have more, feel free to follow up and I'll assist further, or email me at Mdmaguirespam AT comcast DOT net's

Happy New year to you and yours.

Matt

Sublime

Matt Maguire