Sublime/Unreleased material

Question
Some years ago you guys were answering questions about unreleased songs and snippets. I understand that the record label is holding such plans back and I know what went down with the Skunk website and all the downloads. I heard it again and again, when the time has come, those things will be released and shared. That was actually 6 or 7 years ago, I believe. How long does the label or the wrong kinda people have say over the material, when can we finally expect to hear more? Do you have an idea? Thanks.

Answer
Perry,

Believe it or not, we hear more all the time, but it's an unsatisfying taste for an unquenchable thirst.

Youtube seems to be the new place for music to leak (for better or for worse).

The labels will hold onto whatever they think can be worth money, but they also release it from time to time, as you can see with Everything Under the Sun.

Your question is a common one and one without an answer, unfortunately.

Check Youtube for some collectors -- start with JohnnyBleed (https://www.youtube.com/user/JohnyBleed) and continue on to others linked in there. I'm not sure what you have and what you don't, but if you don't have Rewind Selector, contact me: mdmaguirespam AT comcast DOT net.

Matt  

Sublime

Matt Maguire