Sublime/Had A Dat

Had A Dat has a magnetic-y sound at the beginning, after he says "process tree" the magnetic-y sounds begin enhancing. It sounds like those two magnetic things you throw up in the air and creates a whizzing sound. Is this truly what he used?

I'm not sure that I can difinitively answer that for you because I don't know what they used and I don't know the thing you're describing. I think it sounds like one of those plasma globes from the early 90s or simply a synthesized finger snap.

Either way, I can't know for sure as a fan...perhaps only those in the studio know the answer.

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.