Sublime/Don't Push versions

hey, i was wondering about something. how many (studio or demo) versions are there of "don't push" ? i listened to sublime's gold compilation in the car today and the version of don't push seems to be the exact same recording that the demo from second hand smoke is, but the sound is much different. not raw, it's like a studio edition.

It's hard to say how many versions of "Don't Push" really exist, because there are variations.

There's of course:
Jah Won't Pay the Bills (Side Lou)
40oz to Freedom
Badfish EP
Robbin the Hood ('beach blanket' version, hidden track)
Second Hand Smoke
Sublime Acoustic

But I've also seen versions floating around that have fewer tracks mixed in.

Check out how many songs "Don't Push" mixed together to become Sublime's own track:
Don't Push ---- Could You Be Loved (Bob Marley)
Don't Push ---- Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)
Don't Push ---- Buffalo Soldier (Bob Marley) [Stolen from Africa]
Don't Push ---- Lookin' Down the Barrel (Beastie Boys) [Racism is schism]
Don't Push ---- Up All Night (Boomtown Rats)[Up all night]
Don't Push ---- Wake the Town (Tenor Saw) [Go and wake the town, tell the people the news... tell them reggae music is on the loose)
Don't Push ---- Rough and Rugged (Shinehead) [rough and rugged, I keep my body strong...]

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.