Sublime/Rare song lyrics

hey matt, hope you are doing great! been listening to some sweet booptlegd recently and was wondering if perhaps you can help out with the lyrics to the songs one in a million, ganja gladiator/officer move? thanks!

Hi Marti,

These are rough and experimental tracks done in the studio, but not released on a CD. As you know, Bradley would try new lyrics, scat, and freestyle often. I gotta say there isn't a set of lyrics, nor does Bradley even use real or complete or correct words at all times.

Ganja Gladiator is so rough that I wouldn't even call it a song. Any speculation I gave you wouldn't be any better than someone off the street. Sorry about that one!

I do have some information on the other two, however.

I can say that One in a Million is a Half Pint cover, so here are those lyrics. Knowing the original can help you fill the gaps left by Bradley when he either didn't know a lyric, made one up, or skipped a section:

Lyrics to One in a Million
Something about you
Makes me wanna keep on loving you
When I'm without you
I feel I need you back in my arms
I get a sensation
I feel whenever I'm around you
You're my inspiration
And I'm so glad I found you

One in a million-baby you're the one
One in a million-and you're second to none
One in a million-a million to one
You're one in a million

When I first saw you
I had a feeling right from the start
In love I was falling
You seemed to do things to my heart
Your love and affection
Is all I need to keep me satisfied
You leave an impression
Baby I never wanna leave you

Officer Move has parts based on a Frankie Paul song, "Worries in the Dance" which Bradley switches to "Trouble in the Land".

"I sit pon the corner
I smoke marijuana
Here come the officer
He say 'Gimme what you got sir'
'With all due respect sir
I keep what i got sir'

trouble in the land/trouble tonight " (this is the "worries in the dance" part)

I hope that helps at least a little.

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.